Lilypie

Friday, January 30, 2009

Some Spelling to Ponder

So today Don and I realized that we were spelling the name "Anna-Belle" differently. I was spelling it literally, as Annabelle and he was spelling it Anabel. We consulted our baby name book and it turns out that there are 4 ways of spelling her name: 1. Anabel 2. Annabel 3. Anabelle 4. Annabelle. I think that we are leaning toward Anabel now because that seems the easiest to write but Don also likes Anabelle. I want it to be easy for her, but I also don't want to confuse people with some strange spelling.

Also, one of my patient's mom suggested that we spell Elise with a "y", making it Elyse. Her daughter is named Elise and she said that any time they take her to any doctor's or other appointment, they call her Elsie. It doesn't matter as much with the middle name, so I think that I am going to stick with the traditional spelling of the name.

Any thoughts?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, first of all...she's your daughter, so you can spell her name however you want to! :)

BUT, since you asked i think i like annabelle or anabelle better than anabel. :)

Anonymous said...

I've never seen it spelled Anabel, but i kind of like that. It's different in a cool way, not a stupid way, you know? And I love Elise with an "i". One of my favorite names. Stick with it. Pretty, pretty name!!

-Ashley

Kathryn Henry said...

Love the names!! Miss you and cannot wait to see you sometime soon!! Also I know someone whose last name is "Anabel" and it is pronounced, "Anable," if that makes any sense at all. So just so its clear to others how its pronounced, you might still with Anabelle or Annabelle. But regardless of what you choose, it will be great and she will be perfect!! Love, Kathryn