Lilypie

Friday, January 16, 2009

Fun With Old Wives Tales

Since the day that we find out the gender of our baby is approaching, I thought that I would try out some old wives tales to see if we can predict the gender of our baby. So, here were the results

Old Wives Tale #1: The Pendulum Test
the pendulum moved back and forth, which means I am having a BOY

Old Wives Tale #2: Ancient Chinese Sex-Predictor Chart
According to the very scientific chart found at www.fortunebaby.com, I am having a GIRL

Old Wives Tale #3: How You Look Can Predict The Sex
I gained a lot of weight in the first 3 months and have had lovely bouts of acne, so I am having a GIRL since a girl supposedly "steals your beauty"

Old Wives Tale #4: The Urine Test
Women used to use draino, but today we have the more sophisticated (and by that I mean, expensive) Intelligender. This test supposedly can tell the gender of the baby based on the pH of your urine. The people at www.intelligender.com claim that it is 90% acc in predicting the gender. However, I read many accounts of women who have used this online and they claim it is a scam and it is more like 50% acc. This test predicts that I am having a BOY


So, unfortunately, none of these seem to give me any answers. I guess we will just have to wait until the 29th. Lets all hope the baby cooperates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're funny! :)

and, for the record, i have guessed the sex of dozens of babies (my sister, family & co-workers) & i have been wrong only ONCE!!

but, with you...i'm just not sure enough to guess. i'm "leaning" towards boy, but i don't know!!