Lilypie

Monday, April 13, 2009

Turn Baby Turn!

So, I went for my monthly doctors appointment today. It was tons of fun, I had my screen for gestational diabetes today so I had to drink this lovely sugar beverage that made me and Anabelle vibrate for about an hour. I am supposed to get a call from my doctor to let me know if I have diabetes sometime in the next couple of days. Other than that, Anabelle is doing great and her size is right on target. I did find out a couple of interesting things though.

1. I am in fact, having Braxton-Hicks contractions. I had one while the doctor was examining me. I thought that sensation was Anabelle moving. I have been telling them every month that I have not had any contractions...oops!

2. Anabelle is still in the breech position. She was in breech during my last appointment and should be moving into the birthing position, but she hasn't started doing that. My doctor said she has another 4-5 weeks to get into position before we have to start looking at options. A c-section does not scare me, so either way, I am fine. I did, however, come home and look up ways to assist Anabelle with turning and found these suggestions, which I found to be utterly ridiculous and hilarious. These are my favorites, tell me which ones you think I should try!

- Do headstands, preferrably in a pool
- Visualize the baby turning while saying something like the following:

I am lying here in a tilt, I take long breaths and relax my body. Your head presses toward my chest. The pressure of your head makes you wiggle. Come around baby! Move your head, move your body to take the pressure off. Turn around, tuck your chin and come toward my cervix. My cervix and vagina are your opening to the world. Come close, so you will be all ready to come out when the time is right and Ill be ready to welcome you. Turn around so I can welcome you, I am giving you room to turn around

- Put my iPod in my pants and play classical music
- Place a flashlight to my skin on my pelvis and play music to the baby, which will make her want to "go towards the light" as the saying goes
- Place clothespins on my pinky toes (supposedly this is an acupuncture technique)

In other news, we had a good but fairly uneventful Easter. We went to church and gave each other baskets. I hope that all of you guys had a good Easter too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren, you are too funny! I certainly think you should try the "pep talk." If that doesn't work, I've never seen anyone with an ipod in their pants! :) I can't wait to see pictures of your sweet baby girl...no matter how she makes her entrance!

Vesti

Anonymous said...

so, so funny.

i was laughing my ass off at the "headstand" one. i also think the "pep talk" one would be fun!

but, seriously, shinning a flashlight on your belly & telling anabelle to go torwards the light? who makes this stuff up? :)

anyway, i wanted to share that with my sister, jackson was breech from week 26 on. at week 38, her doctor scheduled a c-section, thinking there was no way he was going to turn. and, guess what? he turned 2 days before the surgery. but, my sister went ahead & did the c-section because her husband's family was already here from oklahoma & she didn't want them going home, just to turn around & come back again when she went into labor.

i guess the moral of the story is: babies will do what they want to do, when they want to. and, they'll surprise you when you least expect it! :)

RobinBrant said...

Finally an excuse to put your iPod in your pants!